I have teemed up with Abbey from The Cards We Drew and 109 other bloggers to create the ULTIMATE Red White and Blue Roundup.
Every year around this time I get confused, should I be decorating for summer or patriotic for Independence Day. This year I decided that I will be decorating for Independence Day first and summer later.
I have seen scrap fabric bunting everywhere, from home decor to dessert table backdrop. I love that based on the fabric/ribbon you use it can be either shabby chic or very elegant. The best part it is so easy to do. It took me less than an hour to put the bunting together.
1. Gather the fabric that you will be using for the bunting. In this instance I used patriotic fabric and burlap from Joann’s. I bought half a yard of each fabric and a roll of burlap ribbon.
2. Cut it into strips. I cut mine an approximately about inch and a half in width and double in length of what you want the length of your bunting to be.
3. Once you have the strips cut, line them up in the order you want them to show in your bunting.
4. Take your strip and loop it around the rope/twine that you are going to string your bunting from. To this, that what you want to do is have the fabric strips folded in half. Then while wrapping the fabric around the rope/twine have it go thru the the little loop. (I hope this make sense).
5. Repeat step 4 until you have reached the desired length of your bunting. Once you have you are done!
It’s just that easy.
So easy and the combinations are endless!