How was your weekend? Mine was fantastic. The weather was beautiful here, in the lower 80s. I spend Friday and Saturday morning at the beach until I got so sunburned that I had to stay home until Sunday afternoon when we had to go to an Easter Party. I wasn’t complaining since I got to watch Harry Potter movies and eat a
whole half box of chocolate cookie.
I found this color numerology chart a few months ago at House Beautiful. I am a sucker for any kind of quiz: what’s your color, what’s your style, what’s your personality, you name it. Mostly I like them to see if they are accurate. Let’s see if this one is.
Here's how it works: Take each letter in your name and find its corresponding number in the guide above. Add all the numbers, then reduce the total to a single digit.
EXAMPLE: Mimi Read 4+9+4+9+9+5+1+4 = 45. 4+5 = 9 = Gold.
NUMEROLOGY KEY TO YOUR COLOR PERSONALITY
Interior designer Ellen Kennon, a color expert with a spiritual bent, analyzes each color personality:
1. Red: The most dominant personality. A visionary and risk-taker: energetic, passionate, tenacious, flamboyant, and courageous.
2. Orange: Balanced both mentally and physically. Happy, loyal, takes each day as it comes.
3. Yellow: Cheerful, charming, magnetic, intelligent, confident, and creative. Somewhat psychic, and enigmatic. A good leader and negotiator.
4. Green: The perfect balance between the physical and mental. Grounded, logical, not easily influenced, rarely judgmental. An intensely loyal friend — and has lots of them.
5. Blue: Optimistic, empathetic, flexible, idealistic, tranquil, patient, devoted. A natural mother.
6. Indigo: A brilliant old soul who is intuitive, sensitive, impulsive, curious, and ambitious, with a great lust for life.
7. Violet: Also an old soul. Intense, cerebral, wise, loving, generous, sentimental, and artistic.
8. Rose: Main qualities are strength, love, and leadership. Turns visions into realities.
9. Gold: Radiates love, joy, compassion, and understanding.
I am a BLUE, which is my favorite color, but I did find a little bit of myself in the other colors.
House and Home
Next week I will talk more about the color blue so please feel free to come back. Did you do the test? What color are you?